Just checked the Microsoft Update Catalog in order to see whether UR#12 for SCOM 2012 R2 is available. And the answer is Yes:
Taken directly from this KB article, this is what UR#12 for SCOM 2012 R2 fixes:
- When you try to upgrade System Center 2012 R2 Operations Manager Reporting Server to System Center 2016 Operations Manager reporting server, the upgrade fails for the following configuration:
- Server A is configured as System Center 2012 R2 Operations Manager including Management Server.
- Server B is configured as System Center 2012 R2 Operations Manager, including Operations Manager Database (OpsMgrDB), Operations Manager Data Warehouse (OpsMgrDW) and Operations Manager Reporting Server.
( X ) Management Server Upgraded Check
The management server to which this component reports has not been upgraded.
- Recovery tasks on "Computer Not Reachable" messages in the System Center Operations Manager Monitor generate failed logons for System Center Operations Manager Agents that are not part of the same domain as the Management Groups.
- When a Management Server is removed from the All Management Servers Resource Pool, the monitoring host process do not update the Type Space Cache.
- SHA1 is deprecated for the System Center 2012 R2 Operations Manager Agent and SHA2 is now supported.
- Because of incorrect computations of configuration and overrides, some managed entities go into an unmonitored state. This behavior is accompanied by event 1215 errors that are logged in the Operations Manager log.
- IntelliTrace Profiling workflows fail on certain Windows operating system versions. The workflow cannot resolve Shell32 interface issues correctly.
- There is a character limitation of 50 characters on the custom fields in the notification subscription criteria. This update increases the size of the limitation to 255 characters.
- You cannot add Windows Client computers for Operational Insights (OMS) monitoring. This update fixes the OMS Managed Computers wizard in the System Center Operations Manager Administration pane to let you search or add Windows Client computers.
- When you use the Unix Process Monitoring Template wizard to add a new template to the monitor processes on UNIX servers, the monitored data is not inserted into the database. This issue occurs until the Monitoring Host is restarted.
You can download UR#12 for SCOM 2012 R2 from here.
Please TEST this UR#12 FIRST before rolling it out in production environments! Test yourself before your wreck yourself!