Friday, February 4, 2011

How To: Access the Opalis Console Helpfile outside the Console

This morning a fellow MVP pinged me. He needed some information contained inside the Opalis Console Helpfile but had no access to an Opalis environment.
image

So I booted my Opalis test server, started the Console, opened the helpfile, looked for the information he needed, copied it and sent it to him by mail. Soon I asked myself the question whether there was a way to isolate the whole helpfile – outside the Console – so it could be used at anytime, any place.

It took me some time to get the job done but it works like a charm. So whenever you need information contained in the Helpfile of the Opalis Console, there is no need anymore to have an Opalis Console available.

Just download the help.zip file, unpack it, open the folder Help and run the file index.html

It does not work in IE 9 Beta, but runs flawlessly in Firefox:
image

No comments: