Thursday, July 22, 2010

How to get rid of nagging EventID 1106

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

At a customer got EventID 1106 (Cannot access plain text RunAs profile in workflow "BLABLA", running for instance "FQDN SERVER NAME") in the OpsMgr event log of the RMS nagging me.

Normally this EventID is about not being able to access a Run As Profile. But this Run As Profile was long time ago removed. Also the server it referred to was also longtime ago removed. But still this EventID kept coming back and biting me:
image

I went through all the Run As Account and related Run As Profiles. But as expected, nothing was to be found there.

So time to take a further look into SCOM R2. So I exported the Default MP, made a safe copy of it and stored in a safe place. I opened the export file (not the safe copy!) in XML Notepad and searched for the entry as stated in the Workflow. Tada! There it was:
image

I removed both sections, and saved it. Imported the MP, restarted the Health Service on the RMS and the errors were gone!

No comments: